At Muslim Relief we promise to treat your personal information with great care and commit to safeguard any personal information we obtain about you. We recognise the importance of informing you with regards to how we handle the information we receive about you, both from the use of this website and elsewhere.
Muslim Relief is a registered charity based in the United kingdom. (charity commission for England & Wales registration number – 1107294)
Your personal data
Depending on how you interact with our organisation, we may collect information about you through various methods. This can include, but is not limited to the following:
Through the use of this website. Via donations you make online, by phone, by post or in person as well as through fundraising, event registrations & prize draw entries.
We may also obtain relevant information about you if you decide make contact with us via phone, email, letter or through our website.
In addition, we may collect information about you when you interact with us on social media platforms and in the event of recruitment procedures.
Information we collect about you
We only collect personal data that is relevant to the nature of your interactions with our organisation, or relevant to the type of transaction you are entering in to.
For example if you donate to our organisation, we may collect your name, address, telephone number, email address and bank details in order to process a payment, set up a regular direct debit or claim Gift Aid on your donation.
Sensitive personal data
We do not collect or hold sensitive personal data about you unless it is absolutely necessary.
e.g. If you’ve signed up for a physically intense fundraising event, we may want to know about your health status in order to facilitate or support you to participate in the event.
If sensitive personal information is required, we will always make clear the type of information we require and further explain the need of it.
Your information and security
You have the right to request the information we hold bout you at any time.
We regularly review our security process to ensure your details are always best protected.
We also closely monitor your details to ensure that they are handled with great care by appropriately trained staff/volunteers if and when access to them is required.
How we use your information
We use the information we obtain about you to ensure you get the best possible service from us.
This can include, but is not limited to the following:
- Dealing with your enquiries, requests and complaints.
- Processing your donations.
- Provide you with the services, products or information you have requested such as donation feedback.
- Process Gift Aid donations.
- Confirm receipt of donations.
- Updating you and providing feedback.
- Complying with our legal obligations policies and procedures.
- Administering membership records.
- Personalise the service we provide you.
- To improve our website, services and projects.
How long we store Information
The timeframes for which we hold data vary depending on the type of data it is. Generally the data is only held for as long as necessary. With regards to our work the law requires some data to be held for a fixed amount of time e.g. Gift Aid eligible donations data must be held for a period of 7 years in order to comply with HMRC.
Third-parties and your data
In certain circumstances third-parties may collect data on our behalf as well as for themselves, or provide your details to us on a mutual basis. In such cases these third-parties will have their own policies and procedures which you should refer to prior to selecting their services.
Sharing your information
Muslim Relief will not sell or lease your personal details to any other organisation. We may however share your information with service providers and other third-parties in the following circumstances
- Mailing houses, if we are approved to mail you marketing materials.
- E-mail and text message service providers, if you’ve given us permission to contact you through those channels.
- Hmrc, if you have selected to give Gift Aid with your donations.
- Payment processing providers, if you have selected to make or made a donation trough the use of your credit/debit card online, over the phone, via the E-mail, or in person.
- Event organisers, airlines and hotels, if you’ve signed up for a fundraising event in the UK or elsewhere.
- Law enforcement agencies, if a legitimate request is received.
- Due diligence checks to ensure that our programmes are not being used for illegal purposes.
- Websites and software providers, to provide you with the relevant services as well to improve our service in general.
You have the right to withdraw your consent from any particular means of communication from us. If you would like to exercise this right please contact us on the E-mail address below.
If you decide to withdraw your consent, your information will be placed on a suppression list so that you are not contacted in the future.
You can view our cookies policy here and also make changes to your cookies preferences.
To get the best experience from us, we highly suggest that you use the recommended settings.
Your rights regarding your data
Under GDPR regulations, which came into effect on the 25th of May 2018, individuals have been given specific rights regarding their personal data. These rights are:
The right to be informed: You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
The right of access: You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you.
The right to rectification: You have the right to rectify/update inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
The right to erasure: You have to right to request the erasure personal information.
The right to restrict processing: You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal details.
The right to object: You have the right to object to how your data us used in certain circumstances e.g. direct marketing purposes.
For further information regarding this policy please contact us on the E-mail address below.